What Is A Slab Leak?millennium-plumbing
Unfortunately, slab leaks can remain undetected for weeks, months, even years. You may notice anything at first, but when the signs of damage to your property can be seen, it has usually been leaking for quite some time. We know how difficult it can be to find and repair slab leaks, and how stressful it is for you, the homeowner.
Our plumbers are highly trained in the art of detecting slab leaks. Once the leak has been pinpointed, we can suggest the best solution to fix the leak and get your life back to normal. We work quickly to minimize water damage to your property.
One way slab leaks can occur is when foundational shifts cause dramatic changes to your property, even if they are not noticeable to the naked eye. When a shift in the concrete of your foundation occurs due to weather, storms, or earthquakes, it can create a leak in the pipes or drains installed within the foundation of your home. These leaks can occur on any cold or hot water line or drain. If left untreated for long periods of time, slab leaks can lead to dangerous results, such as mold growth and even foundation collapse!
Other causes of slab leaks are:
- Improper installation of the pipes in your foundation
- Damage during installation of the pipes in your foundation
- Shifting Ground or Foundation
- Environmental impact
- Age of the home
- Too much pressure
- Wear from age / older pipes
- Corrosion- especially to copper pipes
Signs to look for a slab leak:
- Monthly water bill suddenly higher than normal
- Mildew or wet carpet / floors / baseboards
- Sound of running water when nothing is on
- Standing water puddles around your property
- Sudden loss of water pressure
- Cracks in baseboards and walls suddenly appear
- Smell of mildew or mold
If you have any of these signs, or just aren’t sure, give us a call and we will be glad to come and detect any slab leaks in your Baltimore, MD home or business. Our friendly technicians will provide helpful answers to all your questions. If a slab leak is detected, we’ll stop the leak to prevent any further damage and then provide you with our best solutions for replacing or rerouting the affected pipe. We also offer maintenance services to avoid future plumbing issues.