What Is A Real Plumbing Emergency?millennium-plumbing
Sometimes it is hard to know when you are facing a true plumbing emergency. It may seem like one to you when your dishwasher isn’t working or the disposal is not functioning, but are these true emergencies worth paying the extra service fee for? They are definitely inconvenient but more than likely can wait until the next business day. But, coming home after work to a broken pipe spewing water in your kitchen or clogged toilets and drains, these definitely should not wait until the plumber can get you on his schedule. This is when you call your friendly and reliable Baltimore, MD plumber for your emergency plumbing needs.
Here are just some of the reasons you should call for emergency plumbing help:
- Hot Water Heater: A water heater that is no heating can be a bit frustrating when you are standing in a cold shower, but this isn’t really an emergency. A leaking water heater is! The amount of water that runs through a water heater is impossible to clean up after without it being stopped. Shut off the main water line to your property and call your plumber immediately. Waiting can result in expensive water damage to your property and belongings.
- Broken pipes and leaks: If water is leaking for any reason, this is an emergency. This is usually caused by a burst pipe which can quickly wreak havoc on your drywall, flooring, furniture and your health. Shut off the water to your property and immediately call your plumber.
- Drain Blockage: A clogged sink can create a backup in other parts of your property leading to flooding and water damage. If you can’t unclog the drain yourself, call a professional plumber to inspect and clear the blockage. You may be tempted to wait, but that can lead to more costly issues.
- Backed Up Sewer Line: We’ve all seen the movie where the sewer line is backed up into the yard. Though it may be funny in the movies, trust us when we say, it isn’t funny in real life. Besides not being able to use your bathroom facilities, you could also have sewage flood into your home or into your neighbors. This is an immediate emergency situation and CAN NOT WAIT!
- Clogged Toilet: Toilets get clogged from time to time and if it can be easily fixed, you’re back in business. However, if your property only has 1 toilet and you can’t get it flowing right, this is something that just can’t wait. Make sure you turn off the water and place the lid down as a reminder to everyone that it is currently not in use, then give us a call.
We understand that no one wants to pay for a plumbing issue and the added expense of an emergency call is even less desirable, but the cost of repairing water damage is far more than an emergency plumbing service call so, if you are facing a plumbing issue after hours, do not hesitate to call on us at (410) 265-8833. We will always provide an estimate before any work is performed to ensure you are comfortable with the repairs and the cost before work begins. We complete all our repairs as quickly as possible so you can get back to living life.